Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's been awhile

So it's been awhile since I posted anything on this blog. I have said over and over that I want to keep up with this, and I've failed every time! :)

So, now I'm going to try again.

I got a new lens that I got to test drive at Walt Disney World during a business trip to Orlando in June.

Here are a few pics with the new Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II lens.





























It really is an awesome lens.

I am a huge fan of manipulating DOF and the ability to have a tack sharp lens that will give me really good results all the way back to f2.8 is invaluable.

My previous primary lens, a Canon 17-40 f4 is a great lens, but the extra stops down to 2.8 really do make a difference.

Disney in June is ghastly hot. I grew up not far from Disney World, but I  had forgotten how bad it was. It was still a great trip and a wonderful opportunity to test the new toy!

Happy Shooting

3 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of DOF play too.:) Disney in June IS ghastly hot...but it's still Disney. Your photos make me miss it even more. Hope you'll share a bunch more with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos. why so few posts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I'm with Pete! lol Why so few posts, Mitch?? Time to get off your duff and start entertaining and wowing us with your awesome photos!!! We're waiting and watching!;-)

    ReplyDelete