Sunday, August 7, 2011

Castle with Mickey Icons

Castle with Mickey Icons.jpg by Brian E Mitchell
Castle with Mickey Icons.jpg, a photo by Brian E Mitchell on Flickr.
20sec 17mm f6.3 0EV
I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm not very good at shooting at night. That is mostly because I just don't do it very much. I'm trying to fix that.

This week I had the opportunity to travel to Disney for work and I took some time to take my tripod into the parks. One of my favorite places to shoot Cinderella's Castle is from the bridge just past the rose garden. I like the reflections that you can get in the water next to the castle.

This shot is from the "Magic, Memories and You" show just before the Wishes fireworks. I had never seen it before so I didn't know what to expect. I set the camera up on the tripod, attached the cable release, set the camera on Av and just clicked the shutter when I felt like the time was right. I managed to get a few shots that I really like and this one I think is really cool.

Mickey icons on Cinderella's Castle, for a Disney nut like me, it just doesn't get a whole lot better than that!

1 comment:

  1. If this is you not being very good at it, I can't wait to see what it's like when you have more practice under your belt.:) I am so dying to see this show. It looks amazing! Beautiful photograph with your customary clarity. I love it!

    ReplyDelete