Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Pineapple


Baby Pineapple, originally uploaded by Brian E Mitchell.

I think pineapples are a quintessentially Hawaiian thing. The sad part is that as I cruise through my local Wal-Mart the pineapples are all from Costa Rica. So where are all of the Hawaiian Pineapples going? To Japan and other points west, I suppose.

We made a quick stop at the Dole Plantation while we were in Hawaii and it was kind of interesting, but definitely a tourist trap. Lots of trinkets and stuff, but throughout the place you could find, what else? Pineapples!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my....two blog posts in two days! We're on a roll again.;-) Ah, but there is nothing so divine as fresh Hawaiian pineapple. What a beautiful unusual photograph! You almost never see images of them at this phase...I love it!

    ReplyDelete