Saturday, June 25, 2011

Old Ford Tractor

Old Ford Tractor by Brian E Mitchell
Old Ford Tractor, a photo by Brian E Mitchell on Flickr.
1/320 125mm f3.2 0EV
I love old tractors like I love old cars.

There was a display of old tractors at the hot air balloon festival Shanon and I went to last weekend. Most of the tractors were restored but some, like this one, were still in pretty rough shape. I think that gives it a ton of character.

The old guys that are restoring the tractors, who are characters themselves, were there to talk about the work they're doing to bring these antiques new life. They're a good group of guys and they really love their tractors.

I know that in a lot of places tractors, and the restoration of them, is not terribly popular, but the tractor in this picture helped to build this country. To me it isn't just an antique, it's part of our history.

1 comment:

  1. I think it gives it a lot of character too and makes for a really interesting photograph. I've recently become more interested in antiques. I think because they tell stories and I enjoy that very much.

    What a cool way to look at the whole experience. Indeed they did help to build our country!

    ReplyDelete