Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Window Where?

Window Where? by Brian E Mitchell
Window Where?, a photo by Brian E Mitchell on Flickr.
1/200 85mm f5.0 -1/3EV

It's no secret that I am a huge Disney fan. One of the reasons is how meticulously they pay attention to detail.

This shot is from the UK Pavilion in Epcot and is a great representation of one of my favorite design elements in the parks, windows. When I posted this picture I asked a simple question, where is this window? The first person who answered was spot on, and they aren't even a big Disney fan.

From the picture they could tell that the window was definitely western european, which narrowed it down to either the Germany, France or UK pavilions. A quick flickr search and bingo, there was another picture of this window.

Disney has done such a good job of theming everything they touch that a non-Disney fan can look at one picture of a window and within just a few minutes tell you where the window is in a park that has hundreds if not thousands of them.

That's just the time they spent on the windows!

This is one of the biggest reasons I love Disney as much as I do and am not afraid to admit it. It's not all about the mouse, it's about the effort that has been taken just to make sure that something as simple as a window looks just the way it should.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I knew it. I was just testing you.:) (Grin)

    ReplyDelete