Monday, February 7, 2011

Pier at Sunset


Pier at Sunset, originally uploaded by Brian E Mitchell.

I picked a sunset to blog about today because there here was a beautiful sunset this evening, which is a rare occurrence these days.

What made it even better is that the sun was setting on my way home from work and that means that the days are getting longer! I am ready for spring and the summer. It seems to me that this has been a long, cold and rainy winter here and I'm pretty well tired of it, as is evidenced by my incessant whining/blogging about things relating to our winter weather!

I'm ready for warmer temperatures, but the bad news about spring and summer is that shots like these will become tougher to get as the sun moves higher in the sky. No worry, though, I think the tradeoff is well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't found your posts to be whiny at all, Mitch.:) And you are right, the tradeoff will be worth it. I envy you being so close to the ocean. But I have wonderful things to look forward to as well. The boats begin to return to the river in April. We make many trips to the Lake, which feels like the ocean sometimes. Camping. Laying on the deck with a book. Long nights, when the sun doesn't set until after 9. We're getting there, slowly but surely and the rhythm of it all is reassuring.
    I love this image. It reminds me of something I miss very much and hope to visit this summer. Count yourself blessed..because you are. Thanks for posting again. I really do enjoy it, so much.

    ReplyDelete