Saturday, May 28, 2011

Butterfly on a Flower


Butterfly on a Flower, originally uploaded by Brian E Mitchell.
1/320 200mm f 4.0 0 EV

Most of the time you plan what you're going to shoot. You scout the location, figure out when the best light is and find the best angles to shoot from. Other times you just get lucky.

I was shooting the flowers when this butterfly made a surprise appearance. It sat there for only a few seconds and was gone. I fired off 9 frames and this one is I think the best of them.

This, to me, is proof that sometimes in life it's more about being in the right place at the right time. From the first frame I shot to the last was 9 seconds and then the butterfly was gone. If I had been looking the other way or had even sneezed I probably would have missed this.

2 comments:

  1. It is just so beautiful. I think one of my favorites in your collection. The color in your images is really just gorgeous every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on Brian. I reckon it's because you were prepared that meant you were ready for this happy (and successful) accident.

    ReplyDelete