Monday, May 16, 2011

Mickey Icon Bench


Mickey Icon Bench, originally uploaded by Brian E Mitchell.
Every so often you run into something at Disney and you have to ask, was this planned or just a happy accident?

The logical side of me says of course it was planned! These are the most creative planners in the world. But then again, it is The Most Magical Place on Earth!

This shot also represents a pretty big departure for me from taking better pictures of things that are right in front of me to doing a better job of finding things that I don't normally see.

Finding new things to take pictures of is at the heart of photography. I don't mean simply taking pictures of things that you have never seen before, what I mean is to see things that you would normally miss.

A year ago I would have never even given a thought to taking a picture of this bench, never mind noticing how the Mickey icon cast a wonderfully abstract photo on the wall behind it when the light was at the perfect time of day.

Putting a camera around your neck helps you see the world better.

It also helps to have a wife who already has the gift to be able to see what most people miss!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this photograph, and your posting about it. Thank you so much for putting into words something I have recently discovered: "see things that you would normally miss...." I have camera in hand ALL THE TIME now, to see the things that I, and most of the general population, would "normally miss". It's a wonderful adventure!

    Best!

    ReplyDelete