Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Castle From Tomorrowland

1/100 23mm f 16 0 EV

The Sunny 16 rule is pretty straight forward. Set your aperture at f16 and your shutter speed to match your ISO (film speed) and you can be pretty certain that you'll get a good exposure even on the brightest of days.

I like the rule because even if you can't get the shot at sunrise (which is impossible at Magic Kingdom) you can still get a nice shot with lots of color and detail.

This view of Cinderella's Castle is one my favorites. I imagine that this is one of those views that Walt Disney envisioned as he was designing Magic Kingdom. And, even though so much has changed over the years, this view hasn't changed much at all since the park opened in 1971.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous perfect exposure and great advice I always forget! I'll see if I can find a chance to try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps..I love how brilliant your flickrstream looks in the sidebar. So cheerful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete